Leader of LA Office of Global Practice.
Our client is seeking an experienced leader to oversee its current team of 35+/- fully-dedicated architectural and interior design staff in Los Angeles. But the focus of this opportunity is not just on maintaining, but emphatically on building the practice in Southern California (and adjoining states), with the goal of developing an accomplishment-based reputation consistent with the other directors throughout the 1000 person, 25-office firm. This design professional must become an identifiable leader, both externally and internally. This firm has been in LA for over two decades, so there is a portfolio to build on particularly in office, multifamily residential and healthcare. The firm s Executive Committee, however, feels that its Southern California presence could be enhanced by the right individual.
Since the emphasis is on Practice building, the successful candidate must be an accomplished professional, experienced in developing growth strategy, business development, staff development and overall marketing.
Here are some of the key responsibilities of the LA Office Director:
- Emphasize and incorporate sustainable design principles into client solutions.
- Communicate proactively with internal and external teams and clients.
- Assist in development of fee proposals and other marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with consultants, contractors and jurisdictional/approval agencies.
- Work with the senior staff, office leadership team, and the one firm philosophy to develop a plan for the acquisition of clients consistent with the reputation of the firm to expand the practice.
- Participate in leadership roles within professional organizations that focus on architecture: speak and write for these organizations.
- Evaluate staff performance.
- Ensure project and office profitability.
This is an opportunity to quickly demonstrate leadership skills in a very appreciative environment. Poised for growing at a greater rate than previously, while maintaining the design and document quality that our client is known for, this office will welcome new leadership.
To start a dialog, send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
The requirements our client would like candidates to meet in order to address these responsibilities include:
- BArch or MArch.
- Licensed Architect preferably in State of California.
- 15+ years of experience; preferably 5 years in similar managerial position.
- Thorough knowledge of technical processes for large-scale architectural projects.
- Evidence of success in mentoring, teaching, training, and guidance.
- Proven and effective communication and leadership skills.
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills.
- A recognized thought leader in a market sector preferred, including published articles on trends and issues in that market sector.
- Strong oral, written and graphic communications skills.
- Passion for design and sustainability.